Up high in the Northern Atlantic Ocean, between Iceland, Norway, and Great Britain, lie the Faroe Islands – an archipelago of 18 islands. Here, helicopters are important for traffic in areas that buses and ferries do not reach, while visitors from abroad arrive at Vágar Airport.
The scenery Faroe Islands XP now recreates the entire archipelago for XPlane 11 – Maps2XPlane have developed the terrain mesh of Faroes4XPlane, while Albert Ràfols has contributed the airport Vágar and the helipads.
Thanks to seasonal adaptations the high-resolution terrain mesh always perfectly fits the current time of year, while the autogen has been realised in a uniquely Faroese style by both designers. In addition, there are hundreds of custom objects, 3D vegetation, and night lighting.
Virtual pilots can approach Vágar Airport (FAE, EKVG) that mirrors its real-world counterpart to great detail – like the runway that is realistically sloped. The eight helipads spread over the islands are included in this scenery as well.
- Realistic recreation of the complete Faroe Islands with an area of about 1.400 km²
- High resolution terrain mesh with various texture sets for a seasonal representation
- Customized local terrain details, e.g. realistically sloped runway at the Vágar Airport
- Detailed rendition of the Vágar Airport and the eight helipads spread over the archipelago
- Faroese themed autogen, navigation obstacles and dynamic traffic on the islands
- Hundreds of custom objects with PBR materials, 3D vegetation, night lighting
Laminar Research XPlane 11
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 10 (64bit), Linux (64bit) or macOS 10.10+
CPU: Dual Core CPU with 3.2 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics card: 4 GB VRAM, DirectX 11
Free disk space: 2.5 GB