This detailed simulation of the F/A-18E, F & G Super Hornets for FSX, FSX: Steam Edition and Prepar3D has been developed by DC Designs’ development team after extensive research.
The Super Hornet first flew in 1995, with full production beginning two years later and the aircraft entering service with the United States Navy in 2001. The Super Hornet replaced the Grumman F-14 Tomcat in the fleet defence and strike roles after the Tomcat retired in 2006. Featuring high commonality between all three airframe types, the 'E' Hornet is a strike attack and fleet defence fighter, supported in both roles by the twin-seat 'F' version, while the EA-18G 'Growler' performs an airborne electronic countermeasure role, while retaining full combat capability. All three types have seen active service with the United States Navy in theatres across the world. The Super Hornet also serves with the Royal Australian Air Force.
The DC Designs F/A-18 Super Hornets have been modelled to an exceptional level of detail and feature a variety of high-definition paint schemes, realistic user-defined payloads (including guided missiles, rockets, bombs, external fuel tanks and reconnaissance pods) and detailed animations. Both the front and rear pilot positions are included, and the aircraft features a truly 3D virtual cockpit with smoothly animated 3D instruments and custom-coded systems and avionics.
Full radio-navigation compatibility with SimWorks Studios' CEX aircraft carriers. Tune the relevant frequency, get a range and bearing, and navigate to a SWS aircraft carrier in any weather, day or night. No more time wasted hunting around the open ocean for somewhere to land!
- Accurately modelled F/A-18E, F and E/A-18G Super Hornets, built using extensive research materials
- Numerous external animations including canopy, crew ladder, launch bar, wing-fold, tail hook and control surfaces modelled to mimic the Super Hornet’s 'active' fly-by-wire systems. Custom animated afterburner flames and sonic shockwave effects
- Animated, configurable front and rear pilots in the virtual cockpit, access steps and carrier deck tie-down chains
- Bump and specular mapping used throughout the aircraft to produce a truly 3D feel
- Authentic night lighting, including user operated 'slime lights' for darkened-deck and combat operations
- Designed for competitive frame rates on all systems
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit featuring accurately modelled ejector seats, controls and detailed texturing
- Instruments constructed in 3D with smooth animations
- Working rear-view mirrors (Prepar3D only)
- 'Scratched canopy' glass effect
- Optional pilot figures in virtual cockpit with knee-pads
- Front and rear cockpit positions included
- 3D modelled dials, ADI, 'whiskey' compass and other high-detail instruments
- Fully coded Up Front Control Panel for navigation and radio, designed to emulate the appearance of the real F/A-18
- Custom-coded radar for live intercepts of both air and ground targets
- Custom 'moving map' displays in front and rear cockpit
- Multi-Function MFDs based on the real aircraft’s systems
- Collimated Head Up Display with authentic layout based on the real F/A-18
- Custom-coded, user-controlled ordnance via virtual cockpit controls, allowing for live mounting of weapons on hard points, visible both on external model and virtual cockpit
A full operations manual is included.
- VFA-143 'Pukin’ Dogs' Line
- VFA-27 'Royal Maces' CAG
- VFA-31 'Tomcatters' Line
- VFA-103 'Jolly Rogers' CAG
- VFA-41 'Black Aces' line
- VFA-213 'Black Lions' CAG
- VAQ-132 'Scorpions'
- VAQ-140 'Patriots' CAG
- 6 Squadron, Royal Australian Air Force
A Paint Kit is also included.
- Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold or Steam Edition required) or Prepar3D v1/v2/v3/v4
- 2.0GHz or any Dual Core
- 2GB RAM
- 1GB graphics card
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (32-bit or 64-bit)
- 600MB hard drive space