The saying "If it looks right, it’ll fly right” certainly applies to the Hunter, with its graceful flowing lines and curves. The Hunter, which entered RAF service as an interceptor and was the first jet-engined aircraft designed by Hawker, was sold to air forces around the world, all of which were impressed by its outstanding performance and manoeuvrability. First flown in 1951, the last aircraft in military service only retired in 2014!
The Just Flight Hunter features the F.6 and the definitive machine, the FGA.9, modelled in great detail with multiple animations including the correct landing gear sequence, flap actions, airbrake, canopy and a realistic animated pilot. The detailed engine fan is visible through the intake mouths and the models include other highly detailed areas such as flap recesses and gear wells. Details such as boarding steps, wheel chocks, pre-flight flags, and Ground Power Unit are included.
There are two highly detailed virtual cockpits, one for the F.6 and the other for the FGA.9.
13 liveries are included, covering both British and overseas air forces.
- Features the F.6 and FGA.9 (Fighter Ground Attack) variants
- Built over accurate plans and from official notes and publications
- Highly detailed model with intakes, grilles, outlets and appendages modelled in 3D - not textured
- Separate and highly detailed Virtual Cockpits for the F.6 and FGA.9 versions
- 13 high quality liveries
- Authentic sounds with the distinctive Hunter 'blue note'
- Selectable clean wing, wing fuel tanks, wing-mounted rockets or bombs (bombs FGA.9 only; rockets and bombs are non-operational). Aircraft weight/fuel is automatically updated to reflect chosen payload.
- Simulated UV cockpit lighting
- Realistic flight control system, including manual/powered control modes, follow-up tail and automatic retraction of flaps with increasing airspeed
- External battery cart, boarding steps, wheel chocks and pre-flight flags
- Multiple animations including correct landing gear sequence, flap actions, airbrake and canopy
- Detailed engine fan visible through the intake mouths and other highly detailed areas such as flap recesses and gear wells
- Deployable braking parachute on the FGA.9
- Animated and realistic pilot figure
Hawker Hunter F.6
- XG232 – No. 92 Squadron, Royal Air Force
- XG190 – No. 111 Squadron, Royal Air Force ‘Black Arrows’ aerobatic team
- XF520 – No. 92 Squadron, Royal Air Force ‘Blue Diamonds’ aerobatic team
- XG204 – Royal Air Force Fighter Weapons School
- N-110 – Royal Netherlands Air Force, Dutch New Guinea, 1962
- XF509 – No. 4 Flying Training School, Royal Air Force
Hawker Hunter FGA.9
- XE620 – No. 208 Squadron, Royal Air Force
- XF414 – No. 20 Squadron, Royal Air Force
- R1821 – No. 1 Squadron, Rhodesian Air Force
Hawker Hunter F.56
- A934 – Indian Air Force, ‘Thunderbirds’ aerobatics team
Hawker Hunter F.58
- J-4015 – Fliegerstaffel 15 Swiss Air Force, ‘typeface’ scheme
- G-PSST (‘Miss Demeanour’) – privately owned air show Hunter
Hawker Hunter F.60
- 60-601 – Royal Saudi Air Force
- Two Virtual Cockpits are included, one for the F.6 and the other for the FGA.9; both are representative of the type as operated by the Royal Air Force
- Retractable reticle gunsight
- All gauges are 3D and highly accurate
- Accurately modelled electrical, hydraulic and fuel systems (including fuel transfer, automatic tank selector and usable drop tanks)
- Authentic engine sound set in full stereo including the distinctive Hunter 'blue note'
- Cockpit sounds such as switches, clickable knobs and pumps
- Accurate flight dynamics and performance coded to book values give an authentic flight experience
Colour PDF manual includes a tutorial on operation and handling of the aircraft.
A professional quality paint kit (331MB) is available to download.
"Yet another winner from Just Flight... I have no hesitation in endorsing the price as good value for money... The cockpit is well presented with very fine detail on every aspect... The Hunter has all the animations you would expect from a high end product... Note the detail on both the external and internal textures on the aircraft. This is typical of the attention that has been paid to the rendering of the aircraft... The sound set is very good indeed... There is detail wherever you look... The sound set is very good indeed... Just Flight's documentation is second to none in my opinion.”
Mutley's Hangar (Gold Award, 9.8/10)
"A brilliant recreation of this classic British jet and a thoroughly fun and involving aircraft to fly. At £24.99 it's great value - particularly considering that you get two aircraft for one!... It looks and sounds excellent, with the interior modelling being the highlight of an overall fantastic product... A very good exterior model... The sounds in the Just Flight Hunter are good."
PC Pilot (Classic Award, 90/100)
- Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold or SP2 required), FSX: Steam Edition or P3D v4/v3/v2/v1
- 2.5GHz or any Dual Core
- 2.0GB RAM
- 512MB graphics card
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- 825MB hard drive space