The VC10 is widely regarded as one of the most graceful jet airliners ever created, with its long slim fuselage, clean angled-back wings and graceful swept-back tail surfaces. The aircraft was designed by Vickers-Armstrongs to fly on long-distance BOAC routes between the UK and Africa, which required an aircraft capable of operating from hot airports at high altitudes with short runways. This resulted in an aircraft with superb performance, second only to the supersonic Concorde in terms of speed for a jet airliner.
VC10 Jetliner for Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D includes an accurately modelled Type 1101 (known as the BOAC Standard variant) variant in 10 liveries, including a variety of BOAC and British Airways schemes.
The detailed virtual cockpit features 3D instruments, authentic wear and tear, and all four flight crew positions (Captain, Co-Pilot, Flight Engineer and Navigator) modelled in high detail. Comprehensive but easy-to-use systems are simulated, including a realistic fuel system with transfer and jettison functionality, an autopilot with pitch and bank hold, an autothrottle with IAS and MACH hold capabilities, and simulated powered flying control units (PFCUs). Realistic engine start procedures are possible with ground air supply and cross-bleed, and autostart (Ctrl+E) compatibility allows you to get airborne quickly.
The VC10 is brought to life with distinctive Rolls-Royce Conway engine sounds and realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data as well as input from ex-VC10 crew.
What is the Jetliner product range?
Following the success of our F-Lite (highly detailed but simplified systems) and Professional (study sim, complex systems) product ranges, the Jetliner range was introduced to offer aircraft that sit between these two ranges. At the core of all our aircraft are highly realistic and detailed models, featuring numerous animations and accompanied by authentic flight dynamics and sounds. The Jetliner range of aircraft features aircraft and cockpit systems which retain the ease of use of those found in F-Lite aircraft but with greater depth and complexity for key systems such as the autopilot, fuel and engine start systems.
The Jetliner range offers the perfect stepping stone for virtual pilots looking to transition from F-Lite to Professional, as well as being ideally suited to those at any experience level.
- Accurately modelled Type 1101 (BOAC Standard), built using real-world aircraft plans
- Many detailed animations, including:
- Accurate landing gear operations
- Authentic flaps/slat action
- Variable-incidence tailplane
- Windshield wipers (separate Captain and Co-Pilot controls)
- Passenger doors (fore and aft) and cargo doors (port and starboard)
- Animated pilots
- Thrust reverser doors on outboard engines
- Retractable taxi/landing lights
- Ground equipment (air stairs and baggage carts)
- Specular map to give realistic light effects on the aircraft surfaces
- Bump mapping to give a more realistic 3D effect to aircraft liveries
- 3D cockpit with virtually all the hundreds of switches, knobs and levers animated and functional. Many gauges are modelled in 3D for smooth operation.
- All four flight crew positions modelled (Captain, Co-Pilot, Flight Engineer and Navigator)
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear to produce an authentic environment
- Cockpit lighting with atmospheric instrument backlighting
- Special ‘baked’ textures have been used to present a well-used look and feel to the cockpit area and controls
- Fully modelled Flight Engineer station with fuel, engine, electrical, anti-ice and hydraulic controls (automatically configured in a 'ready for take-off' state when the aircraft is first loaded, allowing you to get airborne within seconds)
- Many features have been added to help with usability such as a switch to hide the control yokes for a better view of the instruments and pre-set angled views for the overhead panel, centre pedestal and Flight Engineer station
- Animated Captain’s arm-rest for improved visibility of centre pedestal
- Ability to integrate third-party weather radar
- Split flap/slat lever with the ability to extend slats without deploying flaps
- NAV 1/2 and ADF 1/2 radios feeding CDIs, VOR and ADF indicators for easy navigation
- GPS unit included for easy navigation
- Numerous warning annunciators will illuminate on fault detection and a functional engine fire warning and protection/extinguishing system are built into the cockpit
- Animated cockpit side windows
- Custom-coded fuel system with wing and centre tanks, fuel transfer and jettison, cross-feed and LP/HP cock controls
- Custom-coded autopilot with pitch and bank hold, ability to navigate via VOR/GPS and autothrottle with IAS/MACH hold capabilities
- Thrust-reverse system which, like the real aircraft, is only available on outboard engines
- Realistic trim lever operation with rate of tailplane movement proportional to the rate of trim lever displacement from the central position
- Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between 'cold & dark' or 'ready for take-off'
- Fully compatible with default control assignments (lighting controls, autopilot controls, HP cock levers etc.) and [CTRL]+[E] autostart
- Realistic engine start procedures using ground air supply and cross-bleed
- Simulated powered flying control units (PFCUs) – loss of electrical power or manual isolation of PFCUs will render flying controls (ailerons, elevator, rudder and spoilers) inoperative, as in the real aircraft. Each control surface can be individually isolated.
This VC10 Type 1101 is supplied in the following ten liveries:
- British Airways G-ARVM (circa 1976)
- British Airways G-ARVM (red tail)
- BOAC G-ARVF (circa 1964)
- BOAC G-ARVC (circa 1966)
- BOAC G-ARVC (circa 1974)
- Gulf Air A40-VI
- Gulf Air A40-VK
- Just Flight house livery
- Nigeria Airways 5N-ABD
- Government of the United Arab Emirates G-ARVF
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from ex-VC10 crew
- The distinctive Rolls-Royce Conway engines have been captured to give the utmost realism in full stereo
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and tutorial
- PSD Paint Kit included so you can create your own paint schemes
"Overall I really like the Just Flight VC10. The performance was great all through the flight, and the flight systems seem to function efficiently... I believe this to be one of the most realistic undercarriages/landing gears that I have seen on a flight sim aircraft... The lighting on the outside of the aircraft looks great!... As I started to explore around [the cockpit] I noticed that the textures look nice and accurate." FSElite.net (8.5/10)
- Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold or Steam Edition required) & P3D v4/v3/v2/v1
- 2.0GHz or any Dual Core
- 2GB RAM
- 1GB graphics card
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (32-bit or 64-bit)
- 3GB hard drive space